Friday, May 04, 2007

7 Random Things Meme

Kim at Lifesong and Leslie at Lux Venit have both tagged me to do this meme in which I should find 7 random things about me and tell you. This could prove to be challenging as I have relentlessly dumped random thoughts on my blog since the day I started writing here. I will do my best to unleash random but interesting things about me. Buckle up.

Here's how it goes:
Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules. You need to choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog!


1.)When I was 6 years old I broke my left arm. My momma, who was loads of fun and not always into "safety measures", was launching me into the air via....her two feet.

Imagine mom
....on her back with her legs drawn up to her stomach.

Imagine child... seated firmly on the bottoms of her feet ready for take off.
Mom then takes the form of a catapult by thrusting the child from safety; straightening her legs towards the ceiling. You need to see this movement quick and with some force. The child then squeals with delight and enjoys a solid two seconds of straight air time.

I ended up with a lovely "clean break" and a momma with a terrible guilty conscience. This incident kinda put a kink in my mom's home daycare.

2.) I type with my toes. Not really on a keyboard but in the "World of Kim". Straight in line with my ADD/ADHD/spasmatic/forgetful/clumsy/pea brained personality I am usually working on a fidget of some kind. The toe-typing began during my stint as a *Legal Secretary In-Training* and once I reached 100 wpm I brought my toes into the picture.

So whenever I am forced to sit still for very long and I appear to be very studious and attentive just remember that my very long, monkey-like second toe is typing the letter "E".

3.) I cannot eat raw onions. My *girls* who love me dearly will prepare food especially for me in a little Gladware container that is "onion free". It makes me feel very special.

(kinda like your great-grandmother who lives in the assisted living home that eats a special diet)

4.) I take baths. Almost every single night of my life. They are burnin'-up hot and I like it. My skin turns red like a beet and dries out like a raisin and I am sure that there are vital organs that might be compromised, but I like it. This probably started when the kids were small and wanted to climb in, so I scalded my own skin in order to ward off the naked beggars who wanted to share in my private time. A momma needs her bath time.....alone.

5.) I wear Maybelline Great Lash mascara in the hot pink and lime green tube. I think it is the best mascara ever made. If I were a trizillionaire I would still wear Great Lash. There's my plug.

6.) I hate, hate, hate (did I say hate?) public speaking. I would rather do almost anything in the whole wide world. My face turns red from the neck up (without my consent) and once that starts then whatever I was going to say turns into "ahhh.... uuuh.... uuuh...." etc. My most favorite part is when the dear soul from the crowd says, "Hey lady....your face is turning real real red!". Thanks a lot fella. That helps the redness deepen a fair amount.

Second-grade twerp.

7.) I work best with time limits, a detailed list, and some background music.

How's that for random? I won't be tagging anyone because I think everyone I know has already been tagged :).

We have been busy in the craziest way for the last few days. Gigi is here and we have had lunch at school, gymnastics, Mother's Day shopping, Nascar (doesn't that scream "post"?), a field hockey game, a piano recital, special dinners, church, Biblical Beauty, and a little bit of breathing in and out. I'll post pic's and updates of our spectacular, action-packed weekend tomorrow.

Blessings!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mom played airplane with us when we were kids, too! I play it with my own kids. It's like a tradition now, I guess. We haven't sustained any serious injuries, though.

Kim said...

So sorry about your childhood injury! I'm sure your mom felt terrible!!!

I loved your list! I would love to *meet*!!! You sound like such a great person! Real in every way! But, we would have to drive really far to even meet half way! We need to somehow have a blogging get together!!! I'm hoping to meet Leslie when we head to the beach...we will be going through AL.

Tiffany said...

Okay I have seen the toe thing, but I never really knew quite what you were doing! Oh my Kim....I just can't stop laughin' my ever-lovin' head OFF!!!

Girl I miss hearing your laughs!!!

Come home to Texas this summer!!!

Love,
Tiff