Friday, November 03, 2006

Jack Sparrow, Elizabeth Swan, & Underwear Pirate

We had a wonderful night on October 31st! (shhhh.....halloween)!

















Hannah went as Jack Sparrow which turned out more difficult than I had expected. I've always tried to stay humble about her beauty because quite frankly I can't say I had much to do with it. It did make it especially hard to turn her into a menacing, hairy, stinky, *man* pirate! We managed, even though she boycotted the glue-on beard and I completely failed at turning the wig into dreadlocks. I hate to say it, but when I look at the pictures I'm gettin' a little, *Tommy Lee/Poison/80's Rock Music* playing in my head. Not good, huh?





















Emma wanted to be the beautiful Elizabeth Swan. I think we pulled it off (but check out the Nike flip-flops at the bottom of the picture!) Pretty funny and oh so *Emma*!























Samuel is known as the *Underwear Pirate* because when you least expect it, the Underwear Pirate will throw down his Spiderman candy bucket (total fashion clash?) and stand ready to fight any ol' treasure stealing Power Ranger that comes his way (all the while, his Finding Nemo underwear is peeking out of his pants- see last picture)









We had a great time and ate way too much candy (so I guess the tummy-aches were well-deserved?) The only downside of trick-or-treating with older children is their ability to take such an accurate inventory of their loot!


.....Reeses? What Reeses?

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I can see alot more of Chris in Hannah when she's dressed up like that - esp with the facial hair!

Amy said...

LOL!!! You seem to give me a good laugh every time I visit :) Great costumes!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!

Enjoyed visiting your blog today.