I never said I would post every day but look! It's day 2 and here I am!
I think with the late hour and the headache my ponytail is giving me, I will organize my thoughts with bullets tonight. The dots help me find my place.
- I went to bed last night with a headache and both ears hurting too (very strange for me) and the house was a complete disaster. I had taken the girls shopping and to spend the night with friends and by the time I got home and cared for the younger set, it was late, I was tired, and the house suffered for it.
- Little did I know, Chris stayed up for the better part of the night cleaning. The kitchen alone was a booger but the man also organized and cleaned the playroom ... he sorted the cars by size (it's not contagious) and man-handled some GIANT hair/dust balls. If any of you have hardwood throughout your house you understand what I am talking about. It is crazy how big those suckers can get!
- I woke up thinking that I could *maybe* clean the kitchen while he was gone fishing but not expecting to accomplish much. I wrangled Benjamin for a bit (which became the theme for the day) and came downstairs and began singing praises to my dear husband.
- Since the house was straight I was able to sit down and start to
convulsego over my curriculum and figure out what I still needed.
- I am convinced
that I will never be able to do thisthat if I am diligent these next couple of weeks I will be ready.
- I am also delusional.
- I ran a few errands this afternoon. Picked up a prescription for Vitamin-D and a new set of dentures.
- Kidding on the second part but who my age needs Vitamin-D for crying out loud? I am telling you that I don't think summer visited my soul this year and my ghostly white legs are a testament to that.
- I totally snuck in some phone calls while I was out running errands because I didn't have Cagney & Lacey with me listening in, taking notes, and reporting my crime ;) It's hard to have a
juicydecent conversation with teenage girls around ;)
- I rearranged Benjamin's attitude at least 42 times and pleaded with God for his salvation ... you know just in case.
- I marinated chicken but picked up Japanese instead.
As the day is coming to an end, I plan on working through a bit more of the curriculum pile and then heading to bed before 8/22. I have been watching the calendar change days way too much lately. I am an early morning girl with early morning kiddos. Late nights are tempting but not healthy for me.
Tomorrow is the day that the Lord has made ... I will rejoice and be glad in it.