Friday, June 04, 2010

Samuel's First Piano Recital


Sam had his very first recital last night ... and he did a lovely job :) After his first song he was a little confused about the sequence of events and hopped up to head back to his seat.

He still had two more pieces to play.

His teacher gently encouraged him while I hollered (with dignity) from the back of the room, "YOU'RE NOT DONE YET SAMUEL!!!"

And then I straightened my shirt, sat down, and continued to sweat profusely.

The combination of having my first boy-child play piano for a group of strangers AND the joy of sitting in a turn-of-the-century charming little home with no air conditioning was a recipe for a HEAT STROKE.

But we all survived (babies included) and enjoyed a sweet time of ice cream afterwards while our piano playing young men ran their wiggles out.

"Sweetly Sings The Donkey"
"Oh, How I Love Jesus"
"Star Wars"



Ice cream ... note the girls socializing with everyone
eating their ice cream and hoping no one notices them.




Ahhh. The beloved water feature.
Every mother-of-boys worst nightmare.




I will taunt my mother whose clothes are
already drenched with sweat and see if I can
bring about a full-on nervous breakdown.




It's that face that buys this boy more time
here on earth.




Same for this one.






Hobnobbing.




Samuel & Mrs. Townsend




Wiggles Removal






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing!!! I so wish I could have been there. And thank you for allowing Samuel to live a little longer on this earth. I believe you will have more stars in your crown as the mother of boys!!!! love you, gigi

Wendy said...

I had to laugh about the comment about water being a boy's mother's worst nightmare. :)

When my son was 2 1/2, he fell into an indoor water fountain at the shopping mall. :)