Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The cycle of sin

You must read this from Piper in light of the recent Supreme Court ruling upholding the ban on partial birth abortions.

an excerpt:

This use of catch phrases is surely tired. “Right to choose.” “Equal rights for women.” The grandchildren of the sixties are waking up to the vagueness and danger of those phrases. Right to choose what? Anything? All laws that protect children limit the rights of moms (and dads) to choose. You can’t choose to starve them. You can’t choose to lock them in closets for three weeks. You can’t choose to abandon them. You can’t choose to strangle them five minutes after they are born. (Piper)

I have not read the 73 pages written as the opinion by Justice Anthony Kennedy, but I dare say it would most likely rattle the cages of the most stiff necked "pro-choice" advocates.

It is an encouraging day when the truth is no longer shrouded under politically correct "terms" that encourage people to live in complete denial of the atrocities that are taking place...all in the name of "women's rights". The truth is being brought to light. Praise God.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim,
I know that this is an issue close to your heart. I'm so glad that you wrote about it...given our heartache last week over Virginia Tech, this decision by the Supreme Court was certainly a reason for celebration despite of our sadness. I have to say that when I read the excerpt from Justice Kennedy detailing the procedure (as described by the nurse), I wanted to vomit. I can't believe that people try to wrap such atrocities in politically correct terms like "mother's right to choose" and "reproductive freedom." What happened to "personal responsibility?" How's that for a buzz word - I wish that would become a politically correct phrase more commonly used! I don't think that I have the words describe what I think of people that can participate in such procedures (either the patient or the doctor) and still live with themselves. I praise God that this horrific procedure has been banned and, that as you said, the truth is being brought to light.

Kelly said...

Amen!

I also agree with the first Kelly who commented, "What about personal responsibility?"!