Monday, November 08, 2010

Thankful ... Day 8

I am thankful for the beauty of changing seasons. When we moved here 11 years ago, I could not even fathom that I would love Virginia as much as I do.

And even though it was fall, I don't really remember noticing the beauty like I do now.


It was probably because of all the sobbing.

Once that subsided and I conceded that we were here to stay ... at least for a while, I began to warm up to the notion that autumn was more than just a vocabulary word and a date on the calendar.


All those things I read about in science about leaves turning different colors and the temperatures dropping (and staying that way) actually happen here in Virginia! No pool parties at Thanksgiving anymore ;)

Don't get me wrong. I love my Texas.

Forever and ever.


But these fall days in Virginia are something to behold ... and I am so thankful to have them!


post signature

No comments: