Saturday, November 06, 2010

Thankful ... Day 6

I am thankful for friends I don't deserve.
  • My friends are faithful and kind.
  • They are patient (glory) and they are understanding (hallelujah).
  • They "get" me ... and somehow (by God's grace) they still love me.
  • My friends are mothers (been there) and wives (done that).
  • My friends love Jesus. That totally affects the above.
  • They have seen me cry ... a lot.
  • They have made me laugh ... even more.
  • These friends hold me accountable to truths that I don't want to face. I think I am most grateful for that.
  • My friends are forgiving. That has a lot to do with loving Jesus.
This precious friend will be here in just a few hours. She loves Jesus as much as anyone I have ever known. Do you know how much that affects a relationship?

I

I cannot think of a single transgression that she has ever kept against a person in her life (this is a real bonus as her friend).

I do not think I have ever seen her show anger (she claims to have bouts of it in private but I am not so sure).

She has loved her husband and modeled for me what it means to surrender and submit to the beautiful covenant that is marriage ... holiness not happiness. What a blessing to see God be glorified in such a precious couple.

Her influence as a mother to her own children has impacted my life more than anyone or anything apart from Jesus.

My son crawled in bed early this morning before the sun had really come up. He whispered in my ear ...

"Momma ... can you wake me up early tomorrow? Can you wake me up so I can come downstairs when La La is here? I like to sit with her in the chair while she reads her bible."

I wonder if he knows how much she faithfully prayed for him before he was even born?

" ... and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled." - Titus 2: 4 & 5


post signature

No comments: