Thursday, June 11, 2009

All Over the Place

Our state homeschool convention starts today and I will be in and out trying to visit as many sessions as I can. This is my first time to go and I am so excited about seeing all my favorite curriculum's up close!

I have my lists, which are bound to be illegible before this weekend is over, but it's a good place to start :)

We went the Pocahontas State Park pool/waterpark earlier this week and I am officially the "most-white girl" in the county.

No question.

Chris bought me the This Momentary Marriage for Mother's Day and with it the Marriage Gift Set which included Velvet Steel & the audio CD's.

"Most foundationally, marriage is the doing of God. And ultimately, marriage is the display of God. It displays the covenant-keeping love between Christ and his people to the world in a way that no other event or institution does. Marriage, therefore, is not mainly about being in love. It’s mainly about telling the truth with our lives. And staying married is not about staying in love. It is about keeping covenant and putting the glory of Christ’s covenant-keeping love on display."

“If you are married, this is why, If you hope to be, this should be your dream.” - John Piper

It was my favorite Mother's Day gift thus far.

I took this picture of Benjamin last month at a friend's birthday party. Do I need to tell you how much I love my camera?

(the boy too)



post signature

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Yay- you're having a girl!!!! So are we:) That picture of your baby boy is precious! Have a blast at the homeschool conference- the book fair is my FAVORITE part, I always fill a notebook of all the things I want to try and buy and check out!!

Jill said...

That picture is so adorable. You caught the moment so well.
He looks like he's having the time of his life.