Thursday, October 16, 2008

Voting

I have heard the arguments for selecting a third-party candidate. Throwing away the vote to make a statement, only gives the opposition a clear lead.

I just don't get it.

We don't take the all-or-nothing position with other decisions in our life, so why would we do that with our presidential candidates? Because we live in a fallen world we are often in situations where we must choose best, even when best is not perfect.

John McCain was not my first choice when this race began but he is the only choice now. With him, there is an opportunity to ensure a better hope for the unborn.

A better hope. Not a sure hope. We only find that in Christ.

"And now, O Lord, for what do I wait?
My hope is in you." Psalm 39:7

Certainly, I would love to have more options. But under the provision of God, these are our options. I will make the choice that come closest to preserving life.

Please read Brian's post. He is a smarty-pants and we are glad to call him our teacher and our friend.

His family is pretty special to us too :)

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Well, anyone who reads my blog KNOWS how I feel about the sanctitiy of life:) I'm having a difficult time in this election, too. My mom said it best when she told me that by voting Republican, I was actually voting AGAINST Obama.
...and that's what I'll do- vote AGAINST someone, not FOR someone.