Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Look Out! dessert

Five Ingredients Or Less.....No Problem!

We call it "Look Out!" If you are not from the south it might sound bizarre but basically this stuff is so good that my girls and I like to holler, "LOOK OUT!!!" when we eat it.

Well. It makes sense around here.

Chris and I have decided that it falls into the top three for best desserts ever. Ever.

I know that is a very substantial claim, so you'll have to be the judge.

Here goes:

2-dozen ice cream sandwiches
2 containers of Cool Whip (12 oz)
Hot Fudge (12 oz) *Chris likes to put caramel topping too
Salted Peanuts (1 cup)

In a 9x13 pan just lay down the first 12 ice cream sandwiches. It will be a tight fit and you will want to cut one of the bars in half to make it work just right. Of course you could make this smaller all together just by using fewer ice cream sandwiches, but why?

Sounds downright foolish to me.

Spoon on a layer of Cool Whip. I go on ahead and use a whole tub even though the recipe only calls for half.

I sometimes walk on the wild side.

Sprinkle with some salted peanuts, then pour almost the entire jar of fudge topping. I had to heat mine up a bit so it would cover the pan.

Lay out the next layer of ice cream sandwiches, then Cool Whip and some more nuts (if you want to) and now drizzle the remaining fudge topping. (I am starting to mutter "Look Out" at this point)

Cover and freeze for at least two hours. If frozen overnight (or longer) you will need to let this sit out on the counter for about twenty minutes before serving it.

Ya'll. I am telling you it is the best.

LOOK OUT!



For more recipes with five ingredients or less, go and check out the other Works-For-Me Wednesday recipes at Rocks In My Dryer.



7 comments:

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Hello Kim. That sure is very easy and something that would get gobbled up fast. I have a super easy sorbet for the summer heat too. I also have an ice cream round up coming up real soon if you would like to join. :-)

Kristi said...

Thanks for the recipe. I will be trying it.

Heart of Wisdom said...

Wow! This sounds good!

I will try it soon.

robin@heartofwisdom.com
http://www.heartofwisdom.com/heartathome/

Finding Normal said...

So good! A friend of mine makes something similar, but hers is only one layer and there are M&Ms involved instead of peanuts. So good!

Kristen M. said...

This is one of our family favorites too. Last time I added crushed Heath bar.

Lydia said...

Oh wow. That looks REALLY yummy. I'll have to try it!

Jen said...

ooohhh! I make this too and it IS yummy! A definite favorite in our house.