Saturday, March 08, 2008

A Hedge Of Courtesy

This is a very well written article by Nancy Wilson regarding the varying methods that Christians may apply to the same biblical principles.

I wish I could say that I have approached friends and family whose methods may be different from mine, with grace and understanding....but I cannot. Often I find myself with so much well-meaning zeal and conviction that I completely negate the scripture which first commands me to love and I skip straight to the part that supports my argument.

My zeal ends up making me look more like a know-it-all than a Christ-follower.
Thankfully, I am made new each day.....and thankfully my friends and family still love this know-it-all.

This was a good read for me....

"A tenderhearted sister is not on a soapbox, preaching her method without care for the condition of her sisters."

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Very good reminder. Thanks!

Tracy said...

I do find myself doing that at times. I was just having a similar discussion about this issue with an older women in our church. The thing is sometimes I don't say some of those things, but I DO think them! That is such pride. Many of my very close friends and I have the same goals for our children (the goal of seeing them complete in Christ), but our prefrences on "how" we do certain things can vary.

umesh123 said...

Hey I’ve heard from my buddy that New Zealand has a superb selection of private and public gardens to visit and see the beautiful flora and fauna of New Zealand like Konini Garden, Efil Doog,and the Botanical Garden of Wellington. http://100percentpure.wordpress.com/