Friday, July 13, 2007

Oh, How I Love Jesus....

Kim at Lifesong has tagged me for a beautiful meme. I should list 5 things that I love about Jesus.

What is there not to love? All forgiving, redeeming savior, sufficient sacrifice for my sinful soul! I LOVE JESUS because he is.....

1.)The Precious Lamb of God....If I were left in my sin to pay for my sin then the only justified payment would be death. Jesus went in my place and paid that debt. Innocent & spotless, He assumed the wretched depravity of my sinful heart as His own and made me clean before God.....because He loves me.



"The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!"
John 1:29


2.)I Am.....In the midst of what doesn't make sense, what is painful, what is unknown, what is hopeless and where I am lost He is constant, unchanging, mysteriously fully God & fully man.



"Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am."
John 8:58


3.)The True Vine...Apart from Christ I am nothing. Ashes. Darkness. An empty shell.
But when I cling to Him, then......and only then......can fruit spring forth from my life that is good. Only then can my life reflect any form of truth because it is attached to the True Vine. I cling to the promise that even the pruning in my life is because of His love for me and his desire for my branch to continue to bear His fruit.



"I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser."
John 15:1


4.)Our Redeemer....Can you hear Nicole Mullens belt this one out? I love this song. I am redeemed. He is my redeemer.




"I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth."
Job 19:25


5.)Immanuel....He is God with us. Being fully God & fully man made him less of neither. That God chose to relate to us so intimately through an earthly son that would take on the pain of this world so that we could have reconciliation with Him is beyond my understanding but not beyond my never ending gratitude. It is with that grateful heart that I seek to honor Him, serve Him, give glory to Him, and most of all share His gospel in the time He has given me here.



"Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel"
Matthew 1:23



I could write for days about how I love Jesus and how my life has been changed because of saving grace, but it is not because I love Jesus. It is because He loves me. It is not because I chose Him. It is because He chose me. It is not because I sought the truth and searched for wisdom and weeded through religion. It is because He revealed the truth. He lifted the veil. He revived my heart which was dead in sin.

Only because of His redeeming love for me do I have this love for Him.


"And you were dead in the trespasses and sins"
Ephesians 2:1



"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God"
Ephesians 2:8



I am tagging.....
Jenn at Only By Grace
Christina at A Walk In My Garden
Wendy at Showered With Grace
Leslie at Lux Venit &
Kittyhox who I shall call Kitty until she tells me to call her something else.

4 comments:

Kim said...

These are excellent, Kim! It is wonderful to meditate on the goodness of God through His Son. I love Jesus because of the things you mentioned,too!

Thanks for playing along!
Kim

Anonymous said...

This might be the best meme ever! Finally, something NOT all about me...not that I don't like to talk about myself...I do have a blog, after all. Anyway, thanks for the tag.

I enjoyed reading your meditations on Jesus.

Christina said...

Thanks for tagging me! This is a great meme. I seem to take forever to respond to tags, but I will do it sooner or later!

Christina said...

Mine's up. Thanks again for tagging me.